Spike William is our new kitten and he was born January 30th, 2013.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Beef and Butternut Squash Chili


I absolutely love butternut squash.
So when I found this recipe, I knew that I had to make it
and that I would love it! I was so right about this recipe.
I found the recipe in Southern Living magazine and, of course, tweaked it a bit.
~~~~~
  • 1 pound extra lean ground beef
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 (14.5-ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
  • 1 (30.5-ounce) can chili beans
  • 1/2 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 1 1/2 cups)
  • 1 cup low sodium beef broth
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 cup frozen corn kernals
Cook beef, bell pepper, onion and garlic in a Dutch oven over medium heat until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well and return to pot.

~~~~~

Stir in tomatoes and the next five ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Stir in corn, and cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until squash is tender and chili it thickened.

No comments: