Spike William is our new kitten and he was born January 30th, 2013.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

PhotoHunt Theme: Nautical

"NAUTICAL" is the theme this week.
~~~~~
Last September we went to Lake Tahoe for the first time. There are two paddle wheel boats that take tourists around the lake. I think that this one is named the M.S. Dixie II and we crossed paths while my husband and I were going the other way on the Bleu Wave, which is not a paddle wheel boat.
Closer to home, this paddle wheel boat
was a float in the Fair St. Louis Parade.
I found the Daisy Bell in the river on the way home from the winery. We always go the same way but one time there was the Daisy Bell.
That's all I know about her!
In 2004 we went to the "Haunted" St. Louis Zoo and found some pirates on their ship. I don't think that, NAUTICALLY speaking, their ship looks very seaworthy! This one might be a bit of a stretch but the Blue Angels are a Navy Squadron and the Navy seems to be a pretty NAUTICAL group to me. So here is a picture of Blue Angels at an air show here a few years ago.
As always, you can find more of Tnchick's Photohunters here!
And here
~~~~~

18 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, great pictures! I love the last one!! Have a fun weekend!

Mrs Mecomber said...

Great collection of fun, nautical stuff! I did Photo Hunters today, too. http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-nautical/

Hope you get a chance to visit. Happy weekend!

Brita said...

What great collection of pictures! Love you header too.

Ladykli said...

They are all great photos!

Mine is here

storyteller's other blog said...

Tahoe is a lovely place!
I love the variety of your nautical photos.
Hugs and blessings,

JyLnC said...

I love all of your takes on the theme. Great group of photos.

Here is mine:
JyLnC's photohunt.

Carver said...

This was a wonderful sequence of shots for the nautical theme. The paddle wheel boat is very picturesque. I think the blue angels air show is a good idea too. I like all of them.

Leslie said...

That is so cool! I used to go to Lake Tahoe with our family when I ws a little girl. We had a cabin cruiser called "High Hopes".

Gattina said...

Makes me think of holidays !

Aileni said...

Well covered. Looks like she was rolling a bit.

jam said...

Excellent shots! I like the last one the most!

Dragonstar said...

Great post! I've never even seen a paddle wheel boat in real life - I'd love to travel on one.

Adding the air display is a stretch, but definitely allowable and a brilliant idea - not to mention a good photo!

YTSL said...

Some interesting photos and it's funny to think that the navy has a flying squadron. Do the Blue Angels operate out of aircraft carriers?

jams o donnell said...

What a wonderful set of shots. Nice thake on the theme!

Betty said...

Thank you for your visit to my blog. I really love all of your pictures. The paddle wheelers are great. I also like all of you kitty,s.

Patricia said...

Very nice collection of nautical. I don't think the Blue Angels were a stretch at all! =)

meemsnyc said...

Paddle boats are really cool. We were on one in New Orleans on the Mississippi River. It was cool.

SASSY MOM said...

Very lovely photos! Great post and I agree with you, we have a lot of things to be thankful for. Have a great weekend!