Spike William is our new kitten and he was born January 30th, 2013.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Thursday Evening Dinner (4/26)

My Louisiana trip posting has become a little bit out of order.
I previously posted about the Swamp Tour we went on Friday morning.
But first we had Thursday night dinner - so here it is albeit out of order!
~~~~~
We had dinner at Cafe Vermilionville. Besides having terrific Cajun food, Cafe Vermilionville has an interesting history. It is located in the building that served as Lafayette's first Inn and it was originally built in circa 1800. There is beautiful Cypress woodwork throughout the Cafe. There is an on-site herb garden and they try to use all native Louisiana ingredients, including locally caught seafood and Louisiana grown meat and all the local vegetables.
~~~~~
The Cafe is even said to have a resident ghost but we didn't see her while we were there.
I didn't mind that at all!
Anyway, the story goes that before the building was the cafe, it was being used as office space. There was a local Lafayette woman who drove by there every morning between 4:00 and 5:00 AM every morning. One afternoon she stopped by the building to see what it was used for. She had frequently seen a little girl in a yellow dress standing on the upper front balcony on her way to work. She was told that no little girls lived there. Then after the office space became Cafe Vermilionville a diner was taking a picture and through the view finder of the camera saw a little girl in a yellow dress with shoulder length brown hair.
Surprised to see her there, he moved the camera to see the girl and she wasn't there.
~~~~~
For dinner I chose the Grilled Chilean Seabass with Jumbo Lump Crabmeat and a Classic French Beurre Blanc, served with Angel Hair Pasta and Asparagus. Absolutely delicious! Since I couldn't finish it all, I brought it back to the hotel to finish enjoying the next day!
~~~~~
After dinner, we were walking out to the car and
I spied a fluffy cat over at the side of the parking lot.
Of course, I had to go take pictures.
So I don't know who this is but he/she ran after I took the second picture.
It was a beautiful kitty.

5 comments:

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

What a wonderful holiday! I've never heard of Cafe' Vermillionville but then again, there are so many placed to eat in Louisiana. That's was we live for! It sounds like such a wonderful trip! I love the history of Louisiana, it was always something that I loved learning about as I grew up. Lafayette is such an old town and full of history!

What a cute kitty! Are you sure it wasn't a ghost? After all, you're in pirate country!

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

A beautiful kitty indeed. And looks very well taken care of too.

Daisy said...

That dinner sounds delicious! I wonder if that pretty cat lives there?

Bogdan, the editor said...

Hello sammawow.

I tagged your for a meme. It's the same one china cat did today.

Purrs, Bogdan

Christine and FAZ said...

I want to know more about the little ghost girl in the yellow dress, where did she come from I wonder? FAZ