Spike William is our new kitten and he was born January 30th, 2013.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

PhotoHunt Theme: Nautical

"NAUTICAL" is the theme this week.
~~~~~
Last September we went to Lake Tahoe for the first time. There are two paddle wheel boats that take tourists around the lake. I think that this one is named the M.S. Dixie II and we crossed paths while my husband and I were going the other way on the Bleu Wave, which is not a paddle wheel boat.
Closer to home, this paddle wheel boat
was a float in the Fair St. Louis Parade.
I found the Daisy Bell in the river on the way home from the winery. We always go the same way but one time there was the Daisy Bell.
That's all I know about her!
In 2004 we went to the "Haunted" St. Louis Zoo and found some pirates on their ship. I don't think that, NAUTICALLY speaking, their ship looks very seaworthy! This one might be a bit of a stretch but the Blue Angels are a Navy Squadron and the Navy seems to be a pretty NAUTICAL group to me. So here is a picture of Blue Angels at an air show here a few years ago.
As always, you can find more of Tnchick's Photohunters here!
And here
~~~~~

18 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, great pictures! I love the last one!! Have a fun weekend!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Great collection of fun, nautical stuff! I did Photo Hunters today, too. http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-nautical/

Hope you get a chance to visit. Happy weekend!

Brita said...

What great collection of pictures! Love you header too.

Ladykli said...

They are all great photos!

Mine is here

Anonymous said...

Tahoe is a lovely place!
I love the variety of your nautical photos.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

I love all of your takes on the theme. Great group of photos.

Here is mine:
JyLnC's photohunt.

Carver said...

This was a wonderful sequence of shots for the nautical theme. The paddle wheel boat is very picturesque. I think the blue angels air show is a good idea too. I like all of them.

Leslie said...

That is so cool! I used to go to Lake Tahoe with our family when I ws a little girl. We had a cabin cruiser called "High Hopes".

Gattina said...

Makes me think of holidays !

Anonymous said...

Well covered. Looks like she was rolling a bit.

Anonymous said...

Excellent shots! I like the last one the most!

Dragonstar said...

Great post! I've never even seen a paddle wheel boat in real life - I'd love to travel on one.

Adding the air display is a stretch, but definitely allowable and a brilliant idea - not to mention a good photo!

YTSL said...

Some interesting photos and it's funny to think that the navy has a flying squadron. Do the Blue Angels operate out of aircraft carriers?

jams o donnell said...

What a wonderful set of shots. Nice thake on the theme!

Betty said...

Thank you for your visit to my blog. I really love all of your pictures. The paddle wheelers are great. I also like all of you kitty,s.

Patricia said...

Very nice collection of nautical. I don't think the Blue Angels were a stretch at all! =)

meemsnyc said...

Paddle boats are really cool. We were on one in New Orleans on the Mississippi River. It was cool.

SASSY MOM said...

Very lovely photos! Great post and I agree with you, we have a lot of things to be thankful for. Have a great weekend!