Spike William is our new kitten and he was born January 30th, 2013.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Leftovers are Calling


I found this online but no one seemed to know who wrote it but I thought it was really appropriate for tonight!
~~~~~
T'was the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep.
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
~~~~~
The leftovers beckoned - the dark meat and white,
But I fought the temptation with all of my might.
~~~~~
Tossing and turning with anticipation,
The thought of a snack - became infatuation.
~~~~~
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door,
And gazed at the fridge - full of goodies galore.
~~~~~
I gobbled up turkey - and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
~~~~~
I felt myself swelling, so plump and so round,
'til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.
~~~~~
I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky,
With a mouthful of pudding - and a handful of pie.
~~~~~
But I managed to yell, as I soared past the trees...
"Happy eating to all - pass the cranberries, please.
~~~~~
"May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump.
~~~~~
May your yams be delicious - may your pies take the prize,
May your thanksgiving dinner - stay off of your thighs.
~~~~~
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: